Which do you like chicken cacciatore with spaghetti or noodles? It depends on you. You can choose which you would like. If you want to try both, of course, you can get them, too.
Chicken Cacciatore recipe with spaghetti
10 -12 skinless chicken thighs (bone-in)
2 medium yellow onions, cut into rings
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 green pepper, chopped
5 – 6 mushrooms, sliced
28 fl. oz. can of Italian tomatoes (796ml)
1 can of tomato paste (5½ oz.) (156ml)
2 tsp dried oregano (10ml)
1/2 tsp dried basil (3ml)
salt and pepper to taste
fusilli or rotini pasta
- Sauté chicken in oil and add onions and garlic, followed a couple of minutes later by the green pepper and mushrooms.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink and the onions are soft.
- Stir in tomatoes, including juice, tomato paste and seasonings.
- Cook, covered on low heat, stirring regularly for about 40 – 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare your favorite type of spiral pasta, by adding to lightly-salted boiling water with a dash of olive oil.
- Mix drained, cooked pasta in with the chicken/sauce mixture and garnish with fresh parsley. Makes four servings.
Chicken cacciatore recipe with noodles
8 ounces each: boneless, skinless chicken breast, thighs
2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
1/2 teaspoon each: garlic powder, salt, pepper
3 cups quartered mushrooms
1 cup each: chopped onion, green bell pepper
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans (14 1/ ounces each) reduced-sodium tomatoes, undrained, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup dry red wine
1 bay leaf
4 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 cups cooked noodles, warm
- Cut each chicken breast into two pieces, and sprinkle chicken with combined oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook in lightly greased large Dutch oven over medium heat until browned 5 to 8 minutes, and remove from skillet. Add mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, and garlic to Dutch oven, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes, and return chicken to pan. Add tomatoes with liquid, wine, and bay leaf, and heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until chicken is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Heat to boiling, and stir in combined cornstarch and water. Boil stirring until sauce is thickened, about 1 minute. Discard bay leaf, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over noodles.
Classic Chicken Cacciatore Recipes