Head lice has been a problem for a very long time. It is equally an uncomfortable condition for those around the affected person as it is for the person themselves. While some old remedies prescribed things like kerosene to kill the lice, such cures are not what we would recommend. The following natural cures will work well for many.
Home Remedies for Head Lice
- Mix tofu, with soy milk and miso to make a paste and rub thoroughly into your head until your entire head of hair and scalp are covered. Place a plastic shower cap on top of that and leave over night. Wash out in the morning. While this will kill the adult lice the eggs still need to be removed. Using a special lice comb remove the eggs.
- Essential Oils. Use essential oils to kill the lice as one of your home remedies for head lice. Mix 16 drops of tea tree oil with 13 drops of lavender in 5 tablespoons of olive oil. Be sure to test this on your elbow for skin allergies or sensitivities.
- If no skin irritation then rub into the scalp well. Place a plastic shower cap over your hair and wrap with a towel. After 70 minutes take off the towel and cap and wash well. After washing use a delousing comb to remove eggs.
- Japanese rice vinegar and olive oil really works great. Mix 3 ounces of warm rice vinegar with an equal amount of warm olive oil. Really rub this into your scalp very well. Use all of this mixture. Place a shower cap on your head and place a head band over the cap to make it fit firmly on the head. Leave this on for 90 minutes and remove. Wash you head well and use a comb and a popsicle stick to remove the dead lice and eggs.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse. After washing your hair each morning rinse it with full strength apple cider vinegar and let dry naturally as one of your home remedies for head lice. Do this for 3 days. Each of the 3 nights mix half a cup of apple cider vinegar with half a cup of sesame oil and place in hair with a towel wrap for 90 minutes and rinse out before bed.
- Mix 11 drops of bergamot essential oil with 9 drops of geranium oil in 4/10 a cup of sesame oil. After testing on a small patch of skin around your elbow to be sure there is no skin irritation, massage into scalp well, cover and leave overnight.
- Make sure that you are washing all clothes, linen, hats, hoods, bedding, scarves and pillows, etc. It is easy for the entire family to contract this condition so you need to be diligent.
The author is not a Doctor and has no medical training. Always consult your health care professional before using these or any home remedies or natural cures.
Home Remedies For Head Lice: Natural Cures To Kill The Lice Fast!